The object and purpose of this Church shall be to carry
on the work of the Kingdom of God as revealed in Jesus Christ, our
Lord, and in the teachings of the New Testament: as this relates
to the Church of the Brethren in this community and in the world
at large. This Church shall conduct itself, both in business session
and in public worship, in a manner which is consistent with the
evangelical and doctrinal interpretations of the Word of God.
- Mt. Pleasant Church of the Brethren Constitution
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible,
authoritative Word of God.
Sermon - Origins of
the Bible - 2 Peter 1:12-21
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent
in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Sermon
- Why We Believe in the Trinity - John 14:15-27
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in
His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His
vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily
resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father,
and in His personal return in power and glory.
Sermon - What
We Believe About Christ - Pt. 1 - Matthew 1:18-23 & Hebrews
Sermon - What We
Believe About Christ - Pt. 2 - I Corinthians 15:1-11
Sermon - What We Believe
About Christ - Pt. 3 - Acts 1:3-11
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful
people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
Sermon - From
Death to Life - John 3:16-21
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit
by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
Sermon - The
Indwelling of the Holy Spirit -
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and
the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and
they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Sermon - The Great
White Throne - Revelation 20:11 -- 21:8
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our
Lord Jesus Christ.
Sermon - Unity in the
Body of Christ - Ephesians 4:1-6